[mod_python] undefined symbol: openpty

Matthias Bauer Matthias.Bauer at LivingLogic.de
Mon Oct 16 07:48:24 EST 2000

Hi Brad,

I ran into some similar problems, when I started out with mod_python.

I had to include lots of shared libraries until I did no longer get
these undefined symbol errors. If I remember it right, openpty is
defined in libutil.a. But after you include that you may run into some
more undefined symbols. You just have to include all the necessary
libraries until it works.

However I never got mod_python to run after I underwent this lengthy
process - I finally ran into some Segfault, where I got stuck and simply
stopped wasting time.

Please let me know about your experience after you finally manage to get
rid of all these unresolved symbol errors.

Good luck,

--- Matthias