[mod_python] Issue with mod_python Fatal Python error

Ben Leslie benno at sesgroup.net
Fri Oct 6 19:56:41 EST 2000

Hi Gregory!

On Wed, 04 Oct 2000, Gregory Trubetskoy wrote:

> That may be the problem. I think Apache is built without threads by
> default. I've got a redhat box now and I'll see if I can replicate these
> problems, but in the meantime, I would try compiling a fresh copy of
> Python from sources (it should build without threads by default) and
> linking against that for mod_python. (I describe this procedure for
> FreeBSD in the install section of the docs)

This is strange. I see the same problem in error.log, however it
only seems to occur when apache is stopped. I compiled as a DSO
an mod_python works wonderfully (and so damn fast! (well after coming
from Zope it should be hard ;)). I have been developing on it without
a problem.

Since everything was working i assumed that this was just "normal" but
if its not then i thought i better let you know that it also occurs on
Debian Potato, Python1.5.2, compiled as a DSO.

Cheers,

Benno