[mod_python] Problem with req.connection.user being readonly...

Miguel Marques miguel at yorku.ca
Wed Nov 29 15:00:44 EST 2000

Greetings...

I've rewritten a authentication handler I had written in mod_perl in
mod_python.   The handler does not use basic auth for authentication.
It uses it's own html form and then a cookie gets set which is checked
by the access handler.  This is a generic authentication handler which
I use to control access to a number of different applications.

Most of those applications don't need req.connection.user (they look
at the cookie) but today I tried to migrate one that does.  Since
req.connection.user is read only I can't make things work.  In
mod_perl one simply assigns to that variable.  Is there any reason why
req.connection.user can't be made read/write?
Thanks for any suggestions...

							Miguel

C. Miguel Marques, York University, Computing & Network Services
e-mail: miguel at yorku.ca, voice: (416)736-2100x22684, fax: (416)736-5830