[mod_python] Virtual documents and mod_python

John Posner jjp at connix.com
Thu Nov 2 12:00:54 EST 2000

Hi --

I've been successful using this technique to get a Python script to handle a
standard HTTP request:

<Directory <Document Root>/python>
  AddHandler python-program .py
  PythonHandler test
  PythonDebug on
</Directory>

But I don't want or need to create an actual directory containing the Python
script. I'd like to create a virtual document location:

<Location <Document Root>/py_xmlrpc>
  SetHandler python-script
  PythonHandler py_xmlrpc
</Location>

I've used this technique successfully with Perl, but it doesn't work with
Python. Apache thinks it's a request for a real document. And fooling around
with relative/absolute specs as the Location parameter doesn't make any
difference.

Can anyone help?

Tx,
John

John Posner, Editor           jjp at oreilly.com
O'Reilly & Associates         860-663-3147