[mod_python] DSO compile

Jeff jam at quark.emich.edu
Sat Jun 24 13:01:18 EST 2000

On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 12:22:18PM -0400, hUnTeR wrote:
> Dear list readers -
>
> OK, i got around the previously emailed problem - the ctsybase module
> was giving me the errors on start up. So i had to rebuild python from
> scratch again without the ctsybase module support. However now when i
> rebuild mod_python and go to restart apache it doesnt startup and gives
> me "httpd dead but subsys locked"
>

> Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

apache is core dumping.

I had this problem with an older version of mod_python, and solved it by
putting the "AddModule" and "LoadModule" directives in specific locations in
the httpd.conf file.

I noticed, though, that the 2.4 version *does not* work with this solution.

as a start to the troubleshooting, could you post the specific parameters to
apxs that you used? it would also be useful to know the exact apache
configuration you have for comparison.

regards,