[mod_python] mod_python 2.4

Gregory Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Tue Jun 20 11:23:41 EST 2000

Mod_python 2.4 is out. Unlike 2.3, this one should work ;-).

There are some major changes since 2.2:

1. The PythonDebug, PythonInterpPerDirectory and PythonNoReload now
require an argument of On or Off. NOTE - THIS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO CHANGE
YOUR CONFIGS IF YOU'RE USING ANY OF THESE DIRECTIVES!!!

2. A new directive, PythonImport allows you to import modules at child
process initialization time. This is good for initializing database
connections, etc, though this approach has some serious limitations. Read
the documentation for details.

3. We think that most thread-related issues have been resolved and that
mod_python is capable of running stably on Win32. There is a Win32
(i3866) DLL binary available for download. A lot of very valuable input
and work on this was done by Stéphane Bidoul and Greg Stein.

4. I tried to improve the docuemntation. All mod_python objects are now
documented down to every single attribute, and there is a small tutorial
started. The tutorial will need some improvements - e.g. examples of
how to deal with forms or cookies.

Regards -

--
  Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy