[mod_python] Re: Another threading issue: chdir (fwd)

Gregory Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Mon Jun 12 18:23:28 EST 2000

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 05:48:08PM -0400, Gregory Trubetskoy wrote:
> >
> > On a related note though - is ap_table_set() thread-safe? I'm thinking of
> > all the Python* directives in .htaccess.
>
> They are not thread-safe, but the only tables that would be changed are in
> the request_rec and possibly the conn_rec. In other words: private to the
> thread.

Hmm.... But it might be a problem for PythonImport. PythonImport builds a
table a pointer to which is a global variable python_import. Then,
ChildInitHandler goes through that table and imports all the modules.

The reason PythonImport doesn't use the standard config stuff is that
ap_get_module_config() returns NULL inside a child init handler.

Am I taking the wrong apporach on this?

Grisha