[mod_python] Swig, and mod_ssl

Gregory Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Sun Jul 16 21:02:58 EST 2000

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000 rsalz at caveosystems.com wrote:

> Swig (http://www.swig.org) is a "compiler" that can parse most C
> header files and automatically generate code for Perl, Tcl, Python,
> and Java.  At a rough guess, approximately half of mod_python.c could
> be replaced by a couple-dozen lines.  I wonder if it makes sense
> to use SWIG, and for sites without it, include the Swig output.
> (Just like some programs include the output of Yacc, for those without it.)

mod_snake is swig-based. I don't know enough about swig to make a
judgement. So far I've getting by fine without it - I sort of assumed it's
more trouble than it's worth.

> Second question, which motivated the first: anyone looked at what
> could/should be added to the mod_python objects when mod_ssl is used?

mod_python should work just fine with mod_ssl. At least it did for me on
FreeBSD. How is SSL different from anything else that you need special
objects?

Grisha