[mod_python] Compiling on a Debian Potato with Apache binary (and apache-dev)

Martin Jenssen martin at src.no
Sun Jul 9 02:40:41 EST 2000

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Morten W. Petersen wrote:

> I'm having problems compiling mod_python on a Debian 2.1; can anyone send
> me a line that worked from them, compiling off of an Apache binary release
> with apache-dev installed?

I am running Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (potato), and have the following
packages installed:

	apache 1.3.12-1
	apache-common 1.3.12-1
	apache-dev 1.3.12-1

To compile this, I just did it via the method mentioned in the
documentation (as a Apache DSO):

	apxs -I /usr/include/python1.5 -c mod_python.c \
	/usr/lib/python1.5/config/libpython1.5.a -lpthread

Then I copied the mod_python.so file to /usr/lib/apache/1.3/ and added the
following line *before* any other `LoadModule'-line in
/etc/apache/httpd.conf:

	LoadModule python_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_python.so

The rest is in the documentation.  By the way, I used the official 2.4.1
release.

Martin Jenssen