[mod_python] the return of *Occasional* AttributeError: Handler

richard offer richard at whitequeen.com
Tue Aug 1 08:20:21 EST 2000

Hi all,

I've started getting the same error I reported back the beginning of Jul,
in that *occasionaly* I get a

[Tue Aug  1 05:37:12 2000] [error] PythonHandler index: Traceback (innermost last):
[Tue Aug  1 05:37:12 2000] [error] PythonHandler index:   File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 96, in Dispatch
    object = self.resolve_object(module, object_str)
[Tue Aug  1 05:37:12 2000] [error] PythonHandler index:   File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 42, in resolve_object
    obj = getattr(obj, obj_str)
[Tue Aug  1 05:37:12 2000] [error] PythonHandler index: AttributeError: handler

In fact I've probably been getting it all the time, but the person who
I run the site for just got back from vaccation and wanted to see it.

To refresh everyone's memory, the is an occasional (but frequent) error,
my guess is that its timing related, since you can sometimes get it
to disappear by reloading the page---sometimes it will fail elsewhere,
sometimes it works...

My suspicion of it being timing related is reinforced as it never happened
on the development machine, it happens more on the production machine
(same physical machine, but chrooted), and it happens a lot more when
I access the site via the internet (as opposed to via my intranet).

The site in question talks to a MySQL database via a persistant
connection.

Is there any ideas on how to debug this ? Extra diagnostics I can add
in apache.py ?

[ RH 6.1/mod_python 2.4/ DSL ]

thanks.

richard.

--
richard offer @ home
          84 FE 48 E4 74 D0 26 D4  31 8E B6 86 98 74 E2 7C  8A FB BF A3