[mod_python] can't import mod_python

Junyi Han demonmerlin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 18:02:11 UTC 2013

Dear all,

After finishing install mod_python, I got 500 Internal Server Error. I
looked up the log, it says:
python_handler: Can't get/create interpreter.

Then I open a python terminal and to test if I can import mod_python. Then
I got errors as follows:
>>> import mod_python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/__init__.py",
line 25, in <module>
    import version
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/version.py", line
3
    version = "fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent
directories): .git

      ^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal

I installed mod_python with command --with-python=/usr/bin/python which
version is 2.7.3.

Any ideas why this happens? Thanks ahead!

Best wishes,
Junyi Han