[mod_python] Pass Apache location as a parameter to windows installer

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:41:48 EST 2010

On 12 February 2010 05:45, Yves Moisan <yves.moisan at boreal-is.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to pass in the directory location of Apache to the
> windows installer as a parameter ?  We're using the mod_python windows
> installer from within an NSIS installer and we'd like to make a silent
> (or just-look-it-gets-installed) mod_python install.  Also, that would
> minimize the chance of a user accidentally pointing the installer to the
> wrong Apache directory.

Look at the file:

  dist/win32_postinstall.py

in mod_python source code.

Its seems that it tries to get the location from registry settings but
perhaps only as starting point before putting up popup to confirm. You
could easily change the script though to not put up a popup.

In other words, you would need to create your own installer by using
build scripts in mod_python. That or somehow unpack the installer,
change the script in it and put it back together.

See:

  dist/build_installer.bat

for building mod_python yourself.