[mod_python] problems installing on OS 10.5

Dan Yamins dyamins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 00:29:33 EDT 2009

> This is because you are trying to use MacPorts version of Python, or
> one you installed yourself, which doesn't include all architectures as
> part of the Python installation. That or you are using version of GCC
> which didn't come with MacOS X and it doesn't support generation of 64
> bit binaries properly. This is covered in the mod_wsgi documentation.

Well -- I guess I'm using the GCC that came with Xcode.    The python I'm
using the is the build of 2.5.2 that I got as a binary from www.python.org,
the frameork install that's gets installed in:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python

I've never had a problem building 64 binaries before ...

If it is CGI, then see about turning it into a WSGI application.

So, you're saying that the object of not having to have a new python
interprerter opened for every request is achieved properly if I use wsgi?

Thanks very much for this information below, though I think I need to
understand the wsgi model sort of from scratch ...

Dan

The