[mod_python] Re: Windows Binaries for Python 2.6

Ambrose Andrews ambrose-bulk at vrvl.net
Mon Jul 27 00:12:05 EDT 2009

2009/7/27 David <lists at theflorys.org>:
> On 7/21/2009 7:21 AM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>> 2009/7/21  <ray at aarden.us>:
>>> I am planning an installation of Trac, SVN, and Apache.  The current version
>>> of Python supported by all is 2.6.  But I don't see an installation package
>>> for mod_python for python 2.6.  Did I miss it?  What are my alternatives and
>>> what are the risks?

I have recently set up Trac, Django and SVN using mod_wsgi with no
drama at all - and in the case of Django (and mod_gnutls) less drama
than I had with mod_python.

Unfortunately the documentation for many of the applications continues
to refer to mod_python prominently and/or as a default option.  This
will create problems down the road as python3 starts to spread and
mod_python adopters are all left behind at once.

I wouldn't have known about mod_wsgi otherwise, so I'm glad Graham
still hangs about here.

  -AA.

--
Ambrose Andrews
LPO box 8274 ANU Acton ACT 0200 Australia
mailto:ambrose at vrvl.net
home:+61_262305976
work:+61_261256749
mobile:+61_415544621
irc:{undernet|freenode|oftc}:znalo
xmpp:ambrose at jabber.fsfe.org
sip:znalo at ekiga.net
CE38 8B79 C0A7 DF4A 4F54  E352 2647 19A1 DB3B F823
556A 6D19 0904 827C 9DB8  3697 32D0 1E11 403F 2BE1