[mod_python] Windows Server 2008

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 21:22:35 EST 2009

2009/1/17 Tim Valenta <tonightslastsong at gmail.com>:
> Actually, I'm realizing an issue on my end-- I don't think mod_python has a
> 64-bit flavor, and my installation of WS 2008 is 64-bit.  Even if I got an
> x64 Python and Apache setup running, I'd be lacking the mod_python to power
> the test.
> Sorry!  mod_python's apparently been lagging behind the modern 64-bit
> option, and doesn't have versions for the newest Python versions (Python 2.6
> and Python 3, both of which are still pretty new).

Don't expect a Python 3.0 version, the C APIs aren't compatible and a
lot of work would need to be done to port mod_python to Python 3.0.
Even if was made to work, any applications on top would like need to
change. Those which which integrate quite closely with mod_python
specific handlers probably more so than those which use a minimal API
such as a WSGI bridge.

Graham