[mod_python] query regarding pyodbc

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 05:53:40 EST 2009

2009/1/16 rahul <rahul.warhekar at edisphere.com>:
> I have run it from python console and it is giving same error.

Then it is not a mod_python issue and you perhaps should ask on:

  http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/topics?lnk

> Now, I used nm command for pyodbc.so file and got the following output.
>
> [root at dbserver site-packages]# nm pyodbc.so
> 00001600 A __bss_start
> 000003ec t call_gmon_start
> 00001600 b completed.1
> 000014fc d __CTOR_END__
> 000014f8 d __CTOR_LIST__
>         w __cxa_finalize@@GLIBC_2.1.3
> 000004a8 t __do_global_ctors_aux
> 00000410 t __do_global_dtors_aux
> 000015f8 d __dso_handle
> 00001504 d __DTOR_END__
> 00001500 d __DTOR_LIST__
> 0000150c A _DYNAMIC
> 00001600 A _edata
> 00001604 A _end
> 000004d8 T _fini
> 0000046c t frame_dummy
> 000004f4 r __FRAME_END__
> 000015e8 A _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
>         w __gmon_start__
> 000003b4 T _init
> 00001508 d __JCR_END__
> 00001508 d __JCR_LIST__
>         w _Jv_RegisterClasses
> 000015fc d p.0
>
> Still I am not understanding what is the problem, please help.

Like the message says, it cannot find in the C extension module the
symbol 'initpyodbc', which is the entry point function for
initialising the module.

Thus the module has not been built properly or is broken in some way.

Graham