[mod_python] Debugging active classes

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Mon Jan 5 09:52:40 EST 2009

Hello list,

I'm doing some webapplications using mod_python and Cheetah. Recently I
experienced some trouble with database access: using the Postgres pgdb
module I instanciate classes which connect to the db in the constuctor
and should release all references to th econnection in the destructor
(hence, closing the connection).

However, this is not happening. The destructor does not seem to be
called. This is why I suspect that some other code holds a reference to
my class, causing it not to be destroyed. Is there a way to debug what
classes are loaded within mod_python and possibly what memory regions
hold references there? How does one go about debugging such a problem? I
first would have to find out whether the problem lies within pgdb,
Cheetah or (most likely) my code...

Regards,
Johannes