[mod_python] Weird Publisher Problem, Configuration?

Ron Phelps rphelps at redshift.com
Sun Feb 8 19:45:52 EST 2009

I am using a simple publisher example from 2005 that prompts the user to
select a month of the year and I think it is to return a html page to
the browser with a formatted month. However,  instead of returning the
html Firefox prompts me to save the file or open with another
application.  Do I need to add the Publisher handler in the apache2.conf
file?

Ron

Here's the code.

   <title>A simple "get month" script</title>
   <form method="POST" action="python/getMonth.py">
   <hr>
   Show which month for 2005?: <br />
   <select name="month">
      <option value="1">January</option>
      <option value="2">February</option>
      <option value="3">March</option>
      <option value="4">April</option>
      <option value="5">May</option>
      <option value="6">June</option>
      <option value="7">July</option>
      <option value="8">August</option>
      <option value="9">September</option>
      <option value="10">October</option>
      <option value="11">November</option>
      <option value="12">December</option>
   </select>
   <input type="submit" value="Show Month">
   </form>

   # A simple script to output a calendar month based off input
   # from a web form.
   #
   import calendar
   from mod_python import apache
   def getMonth(req,month):
      req.write(calendar.month(2005, int(month),2,3))

Apache config

<VirtualHost *>
	ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost

	DocumentRoot /var/www/tlm/
	<Directory />
		Options FollowSymLinks
		AllowOverride None
	</Directory>

	<Directory /var/www/tlm>
		AllowOverride None
		#Order deny,allow
		Deny from all
		Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
		# Deny from anywhere but this machine
	</Directory>

	ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

	# alert, emerg.
	LogLevel warn

	CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
	ServerSignature On

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0