[mod_python] SVN modpython

Luis Speciale lspeciale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 06:18:04 EDT 2008

Johan Nordenswan a écrit :

Hi Johan and Graham:

It's maybe the same thing here, I mean the place where apache looks for
mod python.
After too much googelise, I found an email talking about libtool, who
seemed buggy in Leopard. I have installed a new libtool, and I did this

 ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-gcc=/usr/bin/gcc-4.2
--with-max-locks=32 --without-arch-ppc7400
--with-libtool=/usr/local/bin/libtool

I mean with my new libtool, and then I found this error

 10/10/08 11:18:17 org.apache.httpd[3218] httpd: Syntax error on line
116 of /private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Cannot load
/usr/libexec/mod_python.so into server:
dlopen(/usr/libexec/mod_python.so, 10): image not found

I have to said that the first time that you, Graham, told me to look the
logs I did it in the apache logs of the Console and this time I did in
the Messages Console (in french, I don'know the correct translation).

So far, I made a copy of the mod_python.so from

/usr/libexec/apache2/mod_python.so
/usr/libexec/mod_python.so

Then I restarted apache and I went here

http://127.0.0.1/mpinfo

 And everything looks well now. But, shamesly, I don't have a clue why
now works ‡]

Cordially

Luis