[mod_python] Cross compiling mod_python

Paul Herring pauljherring at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 23:49:10 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 4:33 AM, Graham Dumpleton
<graham.dumpleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/11/28 Paul Herring <pauljherring at gmail.com>:
[...]
>> Am I missing something rather obvious in how to cross-compile this
>> module, or do I have to resort to 'tweaking' the configure script so
>> that I can override this behaviour?
[...]

Many thanks for such a speedy reply Graham...

> What are you ultimately wanting to run on top of mod_python?

Pass, unfortuately. This is work, and I have very little experience
with python itself. I was merely tasked with getting some more
software on this other platform, and the requirements (besides apache
and python itself) included mod_python. I have no real idea what's
actually going to be using it.

> If it is a WSGI capable application you will probably find things a
> lot simpler if you use mod_wsgi. It may not compile out of the box
> either, but may have a much better chance given it is one C code file
> only.

I'll pass the question on the the relevant parties to see if this will suffice.

> As to mod_python, I'd probably suggest you are going to be on your own
> as far as trying to get it built under a cross compilation environment
> unless someone else has specifically done it.

I'll wait and see if anyone else replies to this thread.

Once again, thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

--
PJH