[mod_python] Re: Vampire does not support packages?

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 18:29:29 EST 2008

2008/11/21 Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr>:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:43:32PM +1100,
>  Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumpleton at gmail.com> wrote
>  a message of 77 lines which said:
>
>> Where is codevnic installed?
>
> Both in sys.path (/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages, checked with
> Python that it is indeed in sys.path) and in Apache DocumentRoot. Same result.
>
> I have:
>
> PythonOption VampireImportHooks On
>
> (otherwise, my Cheetah modules are not found.)
>
> The rest of the config is:
>
>             SetHandler mod_python
>             PythonHandler vampire
>             PythonDebug On
>             PythonOption VampireImportHooks On
>             PythonOption VampireDefaultHandlers On
>             PythonOption VampireDirectoryIndex index
>
> Same issue with Vampire 1.7 and 1.8

Still scratching my head on this one. A few questions, if you add:

  from codevnic.lib.Config import Config

to details.py to force earlier loading does it still occur?

Was the old system also using Python 2.5 and mod_python 3.3.1?

Do you have a Vampire configuration file which sets "path" value in
appropriate Vampire configuration section?

Is 'codevnic' a real Python package, ie., with __init__.py files, or
was it just a hierarchy of Python code files?

Sorry about delayed reply, was rather busy over the weekend.