[mod_python] SVN modpython

Johan Nordenswan johan.nordenswan.479 at student.lu.se
Fri Nov 7 03:31:26 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 00:19 +1100, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> 2008/10/10 Johan Nordenswan <johan.nordenswan.479 at student.lu.se>:
> > Anyhoo, thanks for a great piece of software Graham!
>
> I am not the author of mod_python. I am just the last person here left
> answering questions on a regular basis.
>
> Unless you are specifically writing to mod_python APIs, I'd actually
> suggest you use mod_wsgi instead and code your Python web application
> as a WSGI application. :-)
>
> Graham

Thanks Graham

I familiarized myself with mod_wsgi and have been writing my wsgi app
for it for a couple of weeks now. Great stuff! My project is to create a
modern, database supported web service and I took this opportunity to
learn Python as well. I've always had a "java first" sort of approach to
developing and I've been working quite a bit with Tomcat. Apache with
mod_wsgi, Python, memcached and MySQL on a Linux system appears to be no
less potent than any java based platform and so much cleaner and
simpler. Great, great stuff. Thanks a bunch!

Johan