[mod_python] [SPAM] Re: mod_python installation failure on apache

Martin (gzlist) gzlist at googlemail.com
Fri May 9 18:39:20 EDT 2008

On 09/05/2008, John Calixto <John.Calixto at watchguard.com> wrote:

>  >       I followed the directions at
>  > http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/inst-testing.html
>  >       and get contents of the script mptest.py , not the
>  > results as if it had run.
>

> First, it would help to see the actual apache configuration.  You seem
>  to have pasted stuff a bunch of stuff without the enclosing tags.

That's the dumbness of mod_python/testhandler.py at work. Like a
little lesson in how *not* to do markup: string concat, interpolation
and no escaping. Do view source, and the container directives are
there, pretending to be bits of html.

>  Also, just based on what I could intuit from your pasted apache
>  configuration, it needs fixing:
>

>  >   PythonHandler mptest
>  >   PythonDebug On
>  >   SetHandler mod_python
>  >   PythonHandler mod_python.testhandler
>

> See how you have 2 PythonHandlers?

Pretty sure that'll be two different containers, just everything in
angle brackets is being eaten in the browser display.

Martin