[mod_python] just authenhandler

Ari Makela hauva at arska.org
Tue May 6 14:37:27 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 11:01:22AM -0700, John Calixto wrote:

> I can't seem to get any of the standard content handlers to process
> things normally post-authentication.  Is there some example of an
> authentication-only setup?  I'm interested in both the mod_python
> handler implementation and the apache configuration.

> With my current configuration, my Apache log shows:
>
> ... [error] [client 192.168.130.126] Attempt to serve directory:
> /var/www/
>
> If I disable my mod_python configuration from the <Directory /var/www/>
> stanza, then mod_dir and/or mod_autoindex act normally.

I had the exact same problem when I needed an authenhandler which
would do both NTLM authentication and some backup authentication
for people who have not authenticated for the Windows network - like me
as a linux user.

This works for me:

        <Location /pyauthtest >
                AuthType                Py
                Options                 Indexes ExecCGI
                PythonAuthenHandler     pyauthhandler
                PythonDebug             On
                PythonOption            Groups Foo,Bar,Baz
                PythonOption            ServerRoot  /var/www/instance
                require                 valid-user
        </Location>

I'm sorry but I cannot show the python code without the permission of
my employer.

--
Ari Makela                                               late autumn -
hauva at arska.org                           	a single chair waiting