[mod_python] HELP needed for Mod_python & Apache on a Win XP machine

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Tue Mar 18 14:15:10 EDT 2008

Nilesh Govindrajan wrote, at 03/18/2008 12:53 PM:
> Joseph Sliz wrote:
>> I have added the following python module to the Apache2.2/htdocs
>> directory:
>>
>> From mod_python import apache
>>
>> Def handler(req):
>>
>> req.content_type = ‘text/plain’
>>
>> req.write(“Hello World!”)
>>
>> return apache.OK
>>
> Remove two things from the python code -
>
> 1. from mod_python import apache
> 2. return apache.OK
>
> try now. hope it works.

He's not testing Publisher, he's testing a basic handler.

Joseph, I don't use Apache or mod_python on Windows, so I don't normally
participate in such posts. Hopefully, someone who uses that platform can
give you sound advice. In the meantime:

Did you compile mod_python from source?

Did you run the test suite included with the source?

As I said, I don't use Windows, and have never run the test suite on
that platform. If it's compatible, you should definitely run it before
configuring Apache, to turn up any errors. On Linux/UNIX, I do this, as
the user that compiled mod_python:

  cd ~/path/to/mod_python_source/test/
  python test.py

Do the equivalent on Windows and see if the tests run successfully.