[mod_python] mod_python & Leopard

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 06:14:33 EDT 2008

On 18/03/2008, Brian <brianlong at cox.net> wrote:
> Graham ::
>
>  I thought that I was using the Python that came with the OS, obviously from your comments I am not.  I re-ran configure

Your previous build lines showed:

  -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework

For standard OS Python that should be:

  -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework

It would only be the one in /Library/Frameworks if you had MacPorts
Python and it was using that.

> sh-3.2# make
>
>  Please edit Makefile and set PYTHON_SRC to where Python sources are.

It doesn't make any sense that you would get that error, as it is
produced from Doc subdirectory and a standard make shouldn't traverse
into that sub directory.

The only thing I can think is that you have some weird environment
variables set which is causing problems with configure or subsequent
make. I really can't see how changes I made to fix things for MacOS X
Leopard would cause that.

What is output when you run:

  make -n