[mod_python] Apaches and Pythons and Tigers, oh my!

Roberto C. Sánchez roberto at connexer.com
Sat Mar 8 14:59:24 EST 2008

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 07:24:58PM +0000, Ben Davies wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I've been convinced by reading the mod_python manual that python may well be
> the language for me, moving away from PHP5 with all it's sillyness. I've
> also decided that if I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do this properly; that
> means downloading the source for Apache 2.2.8, mod_python 3.3.1 and
> compiling this myself. I should learn all this anyway, so why not now? As
> you may have already guessed, I've hit a snag.
>
> I'm attempting to run all this on my 1.83Gh Intel Core Duo Macbook, on OSX
> 10.4.11. I followed the instructions described at the following address:

In order to install Apache and mod_python on my Macbook, here are the
commands I used:

(Note, I had to install a more recent pcre to make it work.  I forget
why, but I know I had to do it).

Apache: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/server --sysconfdir=/usr/local/apache2/etc --datadir=/usr/local/apache2/data --enable-modules=all --enable-mods-shared=all --with-included-apr --with-mpm=prefork --enable-ldap --enable-authnz-ldap --enable-ssl --with-ldap --with-pcre=/usr/local/pcre

mod_python: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/server --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/server/bin/apxs

I did not bother upgrading from the stock version of Python since I did
not need anything more recent.

Regards,

-Roberto
--