[mod_python] Testing mod_python without having to install it

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 08:44:33 EDT 2008

2008/6/25 Sérgio Durigan Júnior <sergiodj at linux.vnet.ibm.com>:
> Hi Graham,
>
> On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 09:45 +1000, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>> From memory no, for some reason mod_python.so or Python code modules
>> still have to be installed. Can't remember why, it certainly should be
>> possible to do it without installation, but probably just not set up
>> that way.
>
> Thanks for the information. Do you have any suggestion about how can I
> run the testsuite for mod_python?

Only by working out necessary changes to test suite to allow it to be
done if not installed.

Alternatively, install a version of httpd in temporary directory and
install mod_python in that. You don't need to run up that Apache, as
test suite scripts will just use it for its tests directly. When done,
blow away that Apache.

> Does mod_python provide a "uninstall"
> rule in Makefile?

Not that I know of.

> I think I can make a temporary installation for
> testing purposes...

As above, yes that should work.