[mod_python] install question

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Mon Jun 16 18:23:34 EDT 2008

Please keep responses on the list, for better quality control. :)

Russell Pearsall wrote, at 06/16/2008 02:30 PM:
> Jorey, thanks for the svn path. The new so installed without a hickup. I
> read further in the tutorial and i have one further question.
>
> I can get .psp pages to work by adding these lines to my httpd.conf
>
>      AddHandler mod_python .psp
>      PythonHandler mod_python.psp
>
> and alternatively i can get cgi's to work with these lines
>      AddHandler mod_python .py
>      PythonHandler mod_python.publisher

FFR, this isn't CGI.

> but if i have them both on they stop working. how do i get both .psp
> pages and .py cgi's, or is that stupid, and i should just pick one or
> the other?

You can assign different handlers to different extensions like this:

   AddHandler mod_python .py .psp
   PythonHandler mod_python.publisher | .py
   PythonHandler mod_python.psp | .psp

You can also configure this on a per Directory or Location basis, which,
when combined with SetHandler instead of AddHandler, allows you to strip
the extensions from your URL (probably more useful for Publisher than PSP).