[mod_python] undefined symbol: PyThread_acquire_lock

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 23:34:58 EDT 2008

What does Apache startup message say about mod_python version:

[Tue Feb 01 16:08:21 2005] [notice] Apache/2.0.51 (Unix)
  mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.3 configured -- resuming normal operations

Is a Python shared library being used. Ie., what do you get if do:

  ldd mod_python.so

and:

  ls -las mod_pyhthon.so

Graham