[mod_python] Re: mod_python and C extensions

argriffi argriffi at ncsu.edu
Wed Feb 20 12:23:19 EST 2008

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem getting Apache and mod_python to use my C extension
module mymodule.so instead of my raw python module mymodule.py.  Both
modules have been tested outside of Apache/mod_python.

There is no error when I have mymodule.py in the directory, but when I
replace it with mymodule.so (in the same directory), I get an error.
This seems to rule out problems with the python path.

The .py and .so modules that I have tried both have the same owner and
group, and have the same permissions except that the .so file has
execute permissions.  This seems to rule out problems with Apache user
permissions.

I tried some stuff from googling and from BasicsOfModuleImporting and
ModuleImportingIsBroken, but I've had no luck and I'm about to start
using CherryPy or something.

Alex