[mod_python] Apache/mod_python: Registering a request handler dynamically

Samuel Abels newsgroups at debain.org
Tue Dec 30 01:56:30 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 01:10 +0100, Samuel Abels wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 09:20 +1100, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> > Project at:
> >
> >   http://code.google.com/p/pywsgi/
>
> Anyway, since you are the first to notice and seem to take issue with
> the name, I may rename it later.

On second thought, I am not doing this. Looking through PyPi it is
obvious that the py prefix does nothing to denote official packages.
Also, WSGI is merely a specification, which even calls for frameworks to
wrap it.
As for "playing off the WSGI name", I think there is nothing wrong with
that - as it is a specification it is clearly not meant to be used only
by Python.

I have however added clear notes to both the PyPi page and
code.google.com to clarify in case anybody still gets confused.

-Samuel