[mod_python] Problems w/ sqlite3

Pawel Oleksik oleksik at awa.mat.agh.edu.pl
Thu Dec 18 06:09:02 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 09:10:54PM +1100, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Did you try disabling PHP altogether and then see if your code worked?
> This would eliminate PHP still causing a conflict.

You are absolutely right, I should be more thorough.
After commenting out the line that loads php (and restarting server) there is
still the problem. So indeed it seems to not be a conflict w/ php.

> And how do you know it is not a permissions problem? Apache/mod_python
> runs as special user and SQLite has a requirement that both the
I read about this problem, so for test time set rights to 777 (for directory)
and 555 (for file).  (No danger at this moment: the server is not connected to
world.) Owner of parent directory and file is now apache:apache.
All up-to-root path is readable and searchable.

> So, how about actually posting what the error tracebacks are you are
> getting so can see what actual problem is rather than what you think
> it is.
>
> Graham

OK. Full log is quite long, so I'm pasting the most important lines.

Script output:

sqlite version: 2.3.2
sqlite3 version: 3.6.6.2
/usr/lib/python2.5/sqlite3/__init__.pyc
user: 80, GID: 80
groups: [80]
effective:
    EUID:80 EGID: 80

Test:

## here is an exception and below its traceback (partial):

MOD_PYTHON ERROR

ServerName:     '127.0.0.1'
DocumentRoot:   '/srv/httpd/htdocs'
URI:            '/py-test/one.py'
Location:       None
Directory:      '/home/ftp/py-test/'
Filename:       '/home/ftp/py-test/one.py'
PathInfo:       ''
Phase:          'PythonHandler'
Handler:        'one'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line 1537 ..
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line 1229 ..
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line 1128 ..

  File "/home/ftp/py-test/one.py", line 16, in handler
    request.write( open_db() )

  File "/home/ftp/py-test/one.py", line 48, in open_db
    conn = sqlite3.connect('/home/ftp/DB/db_test')

SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call