[mod_python] Database access problems

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 19:49:41 EDT 2008

2008/8/30 Sean Davis <sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov>:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Peter Bleackley
> <Peter.Bleackley at rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>> At 14:58 29/08/2008, William Witteman wrote:
>>
>>> Post a minimal sample of code if this doesn't help.
>>
>> It seems that
>>
>> from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite
>>
>> demographics=sqlite.connect('/home/data/demographics.db')
>>
>> is enough to cause a segmentation fault.
>
> And this works at the command line or in a separate script not under
> mod_python?  (Obvious question, I know, but just to be clear.)

Then it is most likely a shared library version conflict.

For a discussion about all these sorts of problems that can occur with
shared libraries, you might have a browse through:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ApplicationIssues

This is for mod_wsgi, but lot of the issues there also apply to mod_python.