[mod_python] Re: 411 Length Required, python question...

Bart scarfboy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 06:20:05 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Mark D'Ascenzo <markdd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bart,
>
> Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the same problem andguessing
> I'm using the wrong handlers in my python script.  Anyguidence you
> could offer on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!  -mark

I didn't try to. I suspected it was some nasty assumption that would
be too low-level to fix immediately. On the short term it was much
easier to work around with an client-side change telling the AJAX
library to use GET instead.

I do want to figure out what caused it, though am a little busy right now.

The wrong handlers how? As far as I can remember, the only difference
between GET and POST in mod_python seems to be a few relatively minor
parsing details and, in case of publisher, some sometimes nasty
assumptions that you cannot neatly avoid (IIRC. Then again, I'm
prejudiced against publisher.)

Do you use vampire?

--Bart