[mod_python] wrong version?

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 00:22:57 EDT 2008

2008/4/8 Kyle Simpson <kyle.simpson at gmail.com>:
> Not sure what to make of this error.  I have apache 2.2.8, python 2.5.2 and
> mod python 3.3.1.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> httpd: Syntax error on line 54 of /usr/local/apache28/conf/httpd.conf: API
> module structure 'python_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache28/modules/mod_python.so is garbled - expected signature
> 41503232 but saw 41503230 - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO, or was
> compiled for a different Apache version?

Exactly what it means.

Did you compile mod_python yourself for that version of Apache or did
you just install a binary package from somewhere for both?

I am assuming Apache has a concept of an internal ABI number. This is
changed whenever the ABI is changed. You may not be able to use a
precompiled module from an older version of Apache even if same
major/minor version, if this ABI has changed.