[mod_python] Multiple submissions from the same user

Dominique.Holzwarth at ch.delarue.com Dominique.Holzwarth at ch.delarue.com
Fri Apr 4 09:49:13 EDT 2008

Hello everyone

Does anyone know how I can configure apache and/or mod_python in a way, so that multiple requests from the same user are 'ignored' (python scripts not executed) if the answer of the first request wasn't completely sent to the browser yet?

I just stumbled over that problem while testing my web application which has a form with several "submit" buttons and when I click one of them - or different ones - very quick after each other ('spam clicking') then my scripts don't like that at all and gracefully die :-)

As a quick work-around I was thinking about simply disabling the submit buttons with javascript and the "onsubmit" event handler but as we all know javascript ain't THAT reliable so I was wondering if it's possible to control that problem on the server side.

Another, but similar question I have:
How can I configure apache / mod_python to allow only ONE active session per user at a time? At the moment I can login with same user/pw unlimited times which also ain't really good for my application =)

Greetings,
Dominique