[mod_python] Logging servlets with mod_log_config

Evan Klitzke evan at yelp.com
Mon Sep 10 14:16:30 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I want to start logging which servlets are called on each incoming
request, and I'd like to do the logging from within Apache, so that
the information will appear within the Apache logs. From the apache
documentation (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html),
it looks like I can achieve this with something like the %{foo}n
directive, which allows one to log a "note" from another module.

Can someone elaborate more on this? What is a "note" in Apache
terminology? And how could I set one from a mod_python request
handler?

--
Evan Klitzke <evan at yelp.com>