[mod_python] Mixing content_type not displaying correct info

Jeff van Aswegen jeffmess at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 07:39:07 EDT 2007

Hey guys

I am trying to display 2 content types under 1 function/webpage,
'image/jpeg' and 'text/html' but this is not working out. I am trying to
display a portion of an image and underneath that image have 3 text fields
that a capturer can enter some information on the image. This is what I have
so far.

def show_image(req):
    width, height = 1000, 1000

    img = Image.open('/home/jeffmess/images/taco/F0476544.JPG')
    img = img.resize((width,height), Image.ANTIALIAS)
    box = (300,335,740,680)
    region = img.crop(box)
    img.paste(region, box)
    s = StringIO()
    region.save(s, 'jpeg')
    req.content_type = 'image/jpeg'

    return apache.OK

Now on the same page if I include a random text field say,

    req.content_type = "text/html"
    req.write("""<INPUT TYPE='text' NAME='field0' ID='field0'
ONKEYDOWN='return tabOnEnter (this, event);' >""")

Browsing to the page will show the text field but the image will all be
jargon. Can anyone perhaps offer some advice or point me in the right
direction? Thanks