[mod_python] Segmentation fault (11)

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 19:04:25 EDT 2007

Segmentation faults like this can be caused by a number of issues.

1. Linking in of multiple versions of the same shared library which
are incompatible.
2. Linking in of a shared library that conflicts with embedded expat
or SSL support code in Apache.
3. Third party Python extension modules that aren't designed to work
in sub interpreters, for example, subversion bindings.
4. Broken Python installations on Debian systems whereby they screwed
up md5 module causing conflicts with md5 code in PHP.

You might have a look through:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ApplicationIssues

Although this is for mod_wsgi, a lot of those issues apply to mod_wsgi as well.

Graham