[mod_python] Re: Mod_python Digest, Vol 56, Issue 10

Jeff van Aswegen jeffmess at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:41:37 EST 2007

Hi Guys

I sent an e-mail yesterday regarding submitting a form without
reloading the page. I've been looking into
xmlhttprequest and I have written a small app which works fine with
PHP but I am struggling to get it working
with mod_python. Here is a simplified version of what I have so far.

	<form name="form">
	<input type="text" name="news_title" id="news_title">
	<input type="text" name="news_content" id="news_content">
	<a onclick="javascript:ajaxform('index.py/somefunction', 'form',
'content');" style="cursor: pointer;">Submit</a>

I'm not going to place my javascript here unless you need it for some
reason. Basically it creates an xmlhttp instance
and sends it with the following.

http_request.open('GET', url, true);

My PHP code which does what I want for the time being is.

echo '<pre>';
echo '</pre>';

All I want is to basically take the PHP code and get it working in
mod_python. I can then take the data and process it in the
background while the user can redo the form. So I also want to avoid
mod_python.util.redirect() as I don't want the page
to reload.

The problem is I cannot find the equivalent function of $_REQUEST
under mod_python - if there even is one. I would appreciate any
help or if someone can possibly point e in the right direction.