[mod_python] Form submission without reloading the page

Oskar Blom oskar.blom at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 03:07:37 EST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 8:56 AM, Jeff van Aswegen <jeffmess at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Does anyone have any idea on how to submit a form without reloading
> the page? I would like to take the information the user has placed in
> the form,
> throw it to a function which will insert into the database and then
> clear the fields and set the focus back to the first field. Just need
> to find out
> how to submit forms without reloading. Any help would be great.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeff

You'll need to call the insert functionality (server side) through
javascript (client side). This can be accomplished with some sort of
AJAX technique. There are quite a few frameworks for that sort of
stuff. To get a general understanding, have a look at
http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/ajax_intro.asp
Hope that helps.

--
Oskar Blom