[mod_python] MySQL connections not closing properly

Mike Looijmans nlv11281 at natlab.research.philips.com
Tue May 29 01:35:27 EDT 2007

 From your post i understand that this only happens if you kill Apache. Since it is not normal
practice to stop the HTTP server often, it does not seem like a problem to me. MySQL can handle the
aborted connections without any problem, so don't bother try to solve something that does not need
solving. Attempting to shut things down gracefully will actually only make things less stable in
this particular case.

Mike Looijmans
Philips Natlab / Topic Automation