[mod_python] Install /Testing Issues ( missing mptest module)

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:58:40 EST 2007

On 09/03/07, George Rosvally <grosvally at optonline.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to mod_python, and am having troubles getting it to work.
>
> I run on windows xp sp2 and have installed python 2.5 , pywin 32-210,
> mod_python-3.3.1, and use xampp 1.5.5 for my apache server.

Putting PythonHandler at the root of your web server like that is
probably not a good idea. I would suggest you try following guidelines
for mptest example at:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/GettingModPythonWorking

This might help you to understand how to set things up better. Take
note that the user that Apache runs as must have permissions to be
able to read your code files.

Also a good idea to read:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/SetHandlerVersusAddHandler

if you are not too familiar with Apache.