[mod_python] ImportError: No module named linecache

Marty Alchin gulopine at gamemusic.org
Mon Jun 25 10:45:45 EDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Marty Alchin <gulopine at gamemusic.org> wrote:
> > > Might I have to recompile mod_python and specify the intended Python
> > > installation?
> >
> > If you didn't explicitly compile it for the version you want to be
> > used then perhaps. Use --with-python option as mentioned before.
>
> I'll give that a shot and report back. Thanks for the help.

Well, I just did that this morning, making sure it was compiled
against the right version at the right location, and I still get the
same error. The really strange thing to me is that it can find
traceback, but not linecache, even though they're at the same
location.

I even tried using PythonImport to try to force loading linecache in
advance, but all that accomplished was to generate the ImportError
each time a new process starts, as well as on each mod_python request.

-Gul