[mod_python] PSP include with absolute path causing blank page

Erik Thompson mrlobster99 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 23:23:43 EDT 2007

I'm having a weird issue using PSP with trying to include a file with an
absolute path causing the page to be rendered completely blank.  No errors,
no expected content, just blank.
This doesn't happen on my windows machine but on a CentOS 5 server it does.
I found a hack that appears to work but I don't know if it's safe to use
it.  Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be going wrong?

This doesn't work:
<%@ include file="/var/www/html/borders/test.psp" %>

This is a hack that does seem to work to include the file:
<%
PSP(req, "/var/www/html/borders/test.psp").run(form)
%>

The software versions are:
CentOS 5
mod_python: 3.2.8-3.1