[mod_python] Re: mod_python and SQLAlchemy don't mix?

Gambit gambit at alpenjodel.de
Fri Jun 8 19:09:08 EDT 2007

> Which mailing list did this come from as the statement is wrong? This
> myth is one I have been trying to stamp out as it just causes
> misunderstandings of how mod_python works and lead people to think it
> is crap.

It came from an old discussion in this very same list:

news://news.gmane.org:119/[email protected]

I'm glad to know it's a myth. I'll read the article you wrote, thanks
for the pointer.

> One thing I would ask though is what version of mod_python are you
> using? If you aren't using mod_python 3.3.1 I would suggest you
> upgrade.

I upgraded to 3.3.1 a few days ago in yet another failed attempt to make
my app stable as I read about the threading issues in older versions,
but it didn't take care of the issues, I'm also using the latest stable
mysql-python.

> BTW, define what you mean by stability problems.

My app gets InterfaceError exceptions regularly under concurrent usage.
The exception in the sample code I provided catches and logs an error
like this:

(InterfaceError) (0, '') u'SELECT `Users`.`Uid` AS `Users_Uid`,
`Users`.`CountryCode` AS `Users_CountryCode`, `Users`.`Country` AS
`Users_Country`, `Users`.`LName` AS `Users_LName`, `Users`.`Credits` AS
`Users_Credits`, `Users`.`Pwd` AS `Users_Pwd`, `Users`.`PhoneNumber` AS
`Users_PhoneNumber`, `Users`.`FName` AS `Users_FName`,
`Users`.`MoneyBalance` AS `Users_MoneyBalance`, `Users`.`Email` AS
`Users_Email` \nFROM `Users` \nWHERE `Users`.`Uid` = %s ORDER BY
`Users`.`Uid` \n LIMIT 1' ['testuser']

Thanks!