[mod_python] Apache directory listing

Aaron Gallagher habnabit at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:22:17 EDT 2007

Haha, I worked it out a while ago anyway. It was a stupid problem;
when I rebuilt apache, I forgot to change my modules directory over
to being owned by the apache user. Everything is working perfectly
now, but I have a new question anyway!

Is it better to send documents chunked by calling req.send_http_header
() and then using req.write unbuffered, or to send it all together by
not using req.send_http_header() and with buffered req.write?

On May 30, 2007, at 6:45 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> Apache runs as a special user. Are your modules and the full directory
> path to where they are located readable to others?
>
> On 30/05/07, Aaron Gallagher <habnabit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just completely cleaned out my apache install, reinstalled it, and
>> it seems to be working, but I'm having problems again, and I've heard
>> of other people having the same problem. Every mod_python module I
>> try to load will not load, and the error I get is that the modules
>> can't be found.
>>
>> I'm using a .pth file in my site-packages directory, and I can import
>> the modules just fine from the interactive interpreter anywhere, and
>> mod_python.testhandler is reporting that my module directory is in
>> sys.path.
>>
>> So, what's going on?
>>
>> On May 29, 2007, at 10:49 PM, Aaron Gallagher wrote:
>>
>> > Hah, wow, I guess that explains everything.
>> >
>> > I got really frustrated with all of my bizarre problems, so I tried
>> > testing it on another machine.
>> >
>> > Everything worked _perfectly_. No problems whatsoever. Apache
>> > autoindexed my directories and everything.
>> >
>> > The first thing I did was check the versions, and they're both
>> > running apache 2.0.59 with mod_python 3.3.1. Weird.
>> >
>> > I'm going to do a complete reinstall of apache and see if that
>> > fixes everything on the server. I hope so.
>>
>> Aaron Gallagher
>> <habnabit at gmail.com>

Aaron Gallagher
<habnabit at gmail.com>