[mod_python] Newbie or not Newbie, that is the question!

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:08:08 EDT 2007

On 24/07/07, Jed Drury -X (jedrury - Manpower at Cisco)
<jedrury at cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> My mod_python.so was installed beneath the other "LoadModule" (ssl).
> It seems every time I write in the "mod_python.so", it gets rejected by
> Apache http.conf.  Help!!!!

That isn't what I asked you.

That is merely the configuration line which would load the
mod_python.so file when Apache is started up. What I asked you is
where the actual mod_python.so file is installed in the filesystem?
What is the absolute path to the location of this file?

If you don't know enough to even work this out, run the command:

  apxs -q LIBEXECDIR

where 'apxs' is from the version of Apache you are using.

This will output an absolute path to a directory. Go to that directory
and look in there to see if there is a file called mod_python.so. If
there isn't, then it is likely not even installed. If there is, then
list the absolute path to the file in the LoadModule line and restart
Apache. As I said before, then send the configuration line showing the
absolute path to the mailing list so we can then tell you what the
relative path you should have used in the first placed was, rather
than just assuming that what the documentation says is correct for
your system.

If you still cannot work this out, then perhaps you should go use PHP. :-)

BTW, please use reply-all to keep the discussion on the mailing list.
Do not send stuff to me directly.

Graham