[mod_python] Newbie or not Newbie, that is the question!

Jed Drury -X (jedrury - Manpower at Cisco) jedrury at cisco.com
Mon Jul 23 08:39:02 EDT 2007

I am having some issues configuring the Apache http.conf file on the most
recent versions of Apache (2.2), Python (2.5) and Mod_Python (3.3). Whenever
I add:

LoadModule python_module libexec/mod_python.so

beneath the other DSO's and then:

 <Directory /some/directory/htdocs/test>
        AddHandler mod_python .py
        PythonHandler mptest
        PythonDebug On
    </Directory>

 And then try to restart Apache I am unable to do so, getting the message of
something like "Unable to perform requested application".  Upon checking
command line, it says:

LoadModule python_module libexec/mod_python.so not found

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time but to no avail.  I
don't want to go to PHP.  Please help!

Jed